Android tutorial - Android Drawable | Add Image to Drawable Folder in Android Studio - android studio tutorial
What is Drawable folder?
- A drawable resource is a general concept for a graphic that can be drawn to the screen and which you can retrieve with APIs such as getDrawable(int) or apply to another XML resource with attributes such as android:drawable and android:icon .
- There are several different types of drawables: Bitmap File.
- hdpi image folder maintain images for the Android Broad Screen set or Android Phones with the Higher resolution.
- ldpi for Lower images quality which supports by the earlier sets of the android.
- mdpi for medium images support xhdi images folder for devices with maximum resolution.
- Images are used in android application to add-on more user-friendly behavior & functionality.
- An image can be added in drawable folder with multiple methods being explained step by step.
android programming - android software - android emulator
Adding Image to Drawable Folder in Android Studio
Easier steps are to be followed up for adding an image in drawable folder.
- Step 1- In this you need to follow this path to reach the desired folder.
- Step 2- Further you need to right click on the drawable folder and click on File_Path.
- Step 3- A drop-down list appears there click on drawable folder.
- Clicking on drawable open a window which containing the images used in your android application.
- Here you can easily add-on or remove the images.
android development tutorial
Other way to add images is:
- Firstly follow path to reach the folder as explained above
- app-> res -> drawable
- Copy the images you want to add and right click on drawable folder.
- Further click on paste, your images are inserted in the folder & use them as per requirement.