Android tutorial - Intent android | Intent in android | Android Explicit Intent Example - android app development - android studio - android development tutorial
What is Explicit Intent
- Explicit Intent communicates an activity referring by fully qualified class name. Generally we use Explicit Intent to call an activity because we know the class name of activity which we are calling.
- They specify the target component by its name. That is, they explicitly specify the target component which needs to respond to it.
- Android Explicit intent specifies the component to be invoked from activity. In other words, we can call another activity in android by explicit intent.
- We can also pass the information from one activity to another using explicit intent.
- Here, we are going to see an example to call one activity from another and vice-versa.
android development tutorial
Android calling one activity from another activity example
- Let's see the simple example of android explicit example that calls one activity from another and vice versa.
- File: activity_main.xml
- File: activitytwo_main.xml
- File: MainActivityOne.java
- File: MainActivityTwo.java