html tutorial - poster Attribute in HTML - html5 - html code - html form
Learn html - html tutorial - Poster attribute in html - html examples - html programs
- The poster attribute is used to show an image until the user hit the play button, or the video is downloading.
- If the poster attribute not present the first frame of the video is displayed.
Syntax for poster attribute in HTML:
Difference between HTML4.01 and HTML 5 for poster attribute in HTML:
- HTML4 does not support the <video> tag.
- The <video> tag is new to HTML5.
Attribute values :
|URL||Used to Specify the URL of the image file.|
Sample coding for poster attribute in HTML:
Code Explanation for poster attribute in HTML:
- poster attribute used to set a poster image for a video.
- Source file of the poster image is specified as “https://www.wikitechy.com/images/logo.png”.
- Source file of video is specified as “video.mp4”.
Sample Output for poster attribute in HTML:
- The output shows poster image in the video player.
- When the user hit the play button the poster image disappears and the video starts playing.
Browser Support for poster attribute in HTML :