pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - ASIN() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is Apache Pig - ASIN()?
- The ASIN() function is used to calculate the arc sine value of a given expression
- Here is the syntax of the ASIN() function.
- Assume that there is a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFSdirectory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as shown below
- And, we have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named wikitechy_math_data as shown below
- Let us now calculate the arc sine values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using ASIN() function as shown below
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named asin_data. Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as shown below.