pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig CEIL() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is CEIL() function in Apache Pig ?
- CEIL() function is used to get the value of an expression rounded up to the nearest integer.
Learn Apache Pig - Apache Pig tutorial - Apache Pig celi - Apache Pig examples - Apache Pig programs
- Ensure that we have a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/.
- This file contains integer and floating point values are given below.
- You have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named math_data is given below.
- You compute the ceil values of the contents of the wilitechy_math.txt file using CEIL() function as given below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named ceil_data.
- Now you can verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as given below.
- The output shows that the result in the file ceil_data.