pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - SINH() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is SINH() function in Apache Pig ?
- The SINH() function is used to calculate the hyperbolic sine value of a given expression
Learn Apache Pig - Apache Pig tutorial - apache pig sinh - Apache Pig examples - Apache Pig programs
- Ensure that we have a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as given below.
- You have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named math_data as given below.
- Now you can generate the hyperbolic sine values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using SINH() function as given below.
Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as given below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named sinh_data.