pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig TOBAG() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is TOBAG() in Apache Pig ?
- The TOBAG() function of Pig Latin converts one or more expressions to individual tuples.
- And these tuples are placed in a bag.
- Assume we have a file named wikitechy_emp_details.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/, with the following content.
- You have loaded this file into Pig with the relation name wikitechy_emp_data as given below.
- Now convert the id, name, age and city, of each employee (record) into a tuple as given below.
- You can verify the contents of the tobag relation using the Dump operator as given below.