pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - GetMonth() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is GetMonth() in Apache Pig ?
- The GetMonth() function accepts a date-time object as a parameter and returns the current month of the current year from the given date-time object.
- Ensure that we have a file named wikitechy_date.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/ as given below.
- This file contains the date-of-birth details of a particular person, id, date and time.
- You have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named date_data.
- An example of the GetMonth() function.
- It will retrive the current month from the given date-time object.
- Hence, First of all let’s generate the date-time objects of all employees using todate() function as given below.
- You get the month from the date-of-birth of each employee using GetMonth() function and store it in the relation named wiki_getmonth_data.
- You are verify the contents of the wiki_getmonth_data relation using Dump operator as given below.