pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - TextLoader() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is TextLoader() in Apache Pig ?
- The Pig Latin function TextLoader() is a Load function which is used to load unstructured data in UTF-8 format.
- Each resulting tuple contains a single field with one line of input text.
- TextLoader also supports compression.
- Now, TextLoader support for compression is limited.
- TextLoader cannot be used to store data.
- Assume that there is a file with named wikitechy_employee_data.txt in the HDFS directory named /data/ as given below.
- You can load the above file using the TextLoader() function.
- Now verify the loaded data using the Dump operator.