pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - CBRT() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is Apache Pig - CBRT()?
- The CBRT() function of Pig Latin is used to calculate the cube root of a given expression.
- Here is the syntax of the CBRT() function.
- Assume that there is a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFSdirectory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as shown below.
- And, we have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named wikitechy_math_data as shown below.
- Let us now calculate the cube root values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using CBRT() function as shown below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named cbrt_data. Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as shown below.