pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - SIN() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is SIN() function?
- The sine function is one of the basic functions encountered in trigonometry (the others being the cosecant, cosine, cotangent, secant, and tangent).
- Let be an angle measured counterclockwise from the x-axis along an arc of the unit circle.
Learn apache pig - apache pig tutorial - sin function in apache pig - apache pig examples - apache pig programs
SIN() function in Apache Pig
- The SIN() function of Pig Latin is used to calculate the sine value of a given expression.
- Ensure that we have a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as given below.
- You have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named math_data as given below.
- Now, you can generate the sine values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using SIN() function as given below.
Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as shown below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named sin_data.