pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig RANDOM() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is RANDOM() function in Apache Pig ?
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named log_data.
- The RANDOM() function returns a pseudo-random number in the range of 0 to RAND_MAX ie. greater than or equal to 0.0 and less than 1.0.
- RAND_MAX is a constant whose default value may vary between implementations but it is granted to be at least 32767.
Learn Apache Pig - Apache Pig tutorial - Apache Pig Random - Apache Pig examples - Apache Pig programs
- Ensure that we have a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as given below.
- You have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named math_data as given below.
- Now you can calculate random values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using RANDOM() function as given below.
- Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as given below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named random_data.