pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - ATAN() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is Apache Pig ATAN()?
- The ATAN() function of Pig Latin is used to calculate the arc tan value of a given expression.
Here is the syntax of the ATAN() function.
- Assume that there is a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFSdirectory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as shown below.
- And, we have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named wikitechy_math_data as shown below.
- Let us now calculate the arc tan values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using ATAN() function as shown below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named asin_data. Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as shown below.