pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig LTRIM() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is LTRIM()?
- The function LTRIM() is same as the function TRIM(). It removes the unwanted spaces from the left side of the given string (heading spaces).
- Here is the syntax of the LTRIM() function.
- Assume we have some unwanted spaces before and after the names of the employees in the records of the wikitechy_emp_data relation.
- Using the LTRIM() function, we can remove the heading spaces from the names as shown below.
- The above statement returns the copy of the names by removing the heading spaces from the names of the employees.
- The result is stored in the relation named ltrim_data.
- Verify the result of the relation ltrim_data using the Dump operator as shown below.