pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - SQRT() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is SQRT() function in Apache Pig ?
- The SQRT() function is used to calculate the square root of a given expression.
- The SQRT function is a built-in function in Excel that is categorized as a Math/Trig Function.
- It can be used as a worksheet function (WS) in Excel.
- Ensure that that we have a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as given below.
- We have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named wikitechy_math_data as given below
- Now you can generate the square root values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using SQRT() function as given below.
- Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as given below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named sqrt_data.
Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.
We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.
We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!
We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.
Please add wikitechy.com to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.