pig tutorial - apache pig tutorial - Apache Pig - SQRT() - pig latin - apache pig - pig hadoop
What is SQRT() function in Apache Pig ?
- The SQRT() function is used to calculate the square root of a given expression.
- The SQRT function is a built-in function in Excel that is categorized as a Math/Trig Function.
- It can be used as a worksheet function (WS) in Excel.
- Ensure that that we have a file named wikitechy_math.txt in the HDFS directory /pig_data/. This file contains integer and floating point values as given below.
- We have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named wikitechy_math_data as given below
- Now you can generate the square root values of the contents of the wikitechy_math.txt file using SQRT() function as given below.
- Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as given below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named sqrt_data.