[Solved-1 Solution] How to add a column to an already existing table in apache pig ?
How to add a column to an already existing table in apache pig ?
We can use random for this purpose
- The RANDOM() function is used to get a pseudo random number (type double) greater than or equal to 0.0 and less than 1.0.
- Assume that there is a file named math.txt in the HDFS directory
- This file contains integer and floating point values as shown below.
- we have loaded this file into Pig with a relation named math_data as shown below.
- Let us now generate random values of the contents of the math.txt file using RANDOM() function as shown below.
- The above statement stores the result in the relation named random_data. Verify the contents of the relation using the Dump operator as shown below.