[Solved-1 Solution] Java udf for adding columns in pig ?
What is UDF ?
- Pig provides extensive support for user defined functions (UDFs) as a way to specify custom processing.
- The most extensive support is provided for Java functions. These functions are new, still evolving, additions to the system.
- An example of writing java udf function to add the pincode by comparing the locality column.
Here is the code.
- when we run the above it prints blank values only.This code having some mistake.what is it?
- If we change the following to return "Invalid Input". then we will get Invalid Input in Pig Console.
- Issue is you are trying to pass pincode=600073 (i.e.Integer) from Pig Script.And you are reading it as String in Java UDF. This casting wont work.
- pincode is passed as integer.
For this Issue, we have 2 methods ;
- Either we can have pincode field as String instead of int in pig script.
- we can or else parse from Integer to String in Java end before doing the match.