[Solved-1 Solution] Pig - Get Max Count ?
What is Max() ?
- The Pig Latin MAX() function is used to calculate the highest value for a column (numeric values or chararrays) in a single-column bag. While calculating the maximum value, the Max() function ignores the NULL values.
- To get the global maximum value, we need to perform a Group All operation, and calculate the maximum value using the MAX() function.
- To get the maximum value of a group, we need to group it using the Group By operator and proceed with the maximum function.
- the syntax of the Max() function.
What is group operator ?
- The GROUP operator is used to group the data in one or more relations. It collects the data having the same key.
- Given below is the syntax of the group operator.
- To get max count we can use max function.
Every day is unqiue, and wind direction is not unique, so now we are trying to get the COUNT of the most COMMON wind direction
The logic is to find the DISTINCT WindDirections (there are like 7), then group by WindDirectionand apply count.
We get the total number or count of directions of winds.
We will have to GROUP BY wind direction and get the counts. Order the counts by desc order and get the top most row