python tutorial - Python Break - learn python - python programming
What is Python Break?
- Python break statement, it terminates the current loop and resumes execution at the next statement, just like the traditional break statement in C.
- The most common use for break is when some external condition is triggered requiring a hasty exit from a loop.
- The break statement can be used in both while and for loops.
- Break statement is a jump statement that is used to pass the control to the end of the loop.
- When break statement is applied the control points to the line following the body of the loop, hence applying break statement makes the loop to terminate and controls goes to next line pointing after loop body.
Learn Python - Python tutorial - python-break - Python examples - Python programs
- Use of break statement inside loop
- In this program, we iterate through the "string" sequence.
- We check if the letter is "i", upon which we break from the loop.
- Hence, we see in our output that all the letters up till "i" gets printed.
- After that, the loop terminates.