python tutorial - Python interview questions - learn python - python programming
python interview questions :101
Print in terminal with colors using Python?
- This somewhat depends on what platform you are on. The most common way to do this is by printing ANSI escape sequences. For a simple example, here's some python code from the blender build scripts:
Learn python - python tutorial - colors - python examples - python programs
python interview questions :102
How to convert string to lowercase in Python?
- Is there any way to convert an entire user inputted string from uppercase, or even part uppercase to lowercase.
- E.g. Kilometers --> kilometers
- This doesn't work for non-English words in UTF-8. In this case decode('utf-8') can help:
Learn python - python tutorial - lowercase - python examples - python programs
- It will then automatically convert the thing they typed into lowercase.
raw_input was renamed to
input in Python 3.x and above
python interview questions :103
How can I remove (chomp) a newline in Python?
rstrip()method strips all kinds of trailing whitespace by default, not just one newline as Perl does with
Learn python - python tutorial - chomp - python examples - python programs
- To strip only newlines:
- There are also the methods
python interview questions :104
index()function only returns the first occurrence, while
enumerate()returns all occurrences.
- As a list comprehension:
- This is more efficient for larger lists than using
Learn python - python tutorial - index - python examples - python programs
python interview questions :105
Python method to check if a string is a float ?
- A longer and more accurate name for this function could be:
Learn python - python tutorial - float - python examples - python programs
python interview questions :106
Hidden features of Python [closed] ?
- Try to limit answers to Python core.
- One feature per answer.
- Give an example and short description of the feature, not just a link to documentation.
- Label the feature using a title as the first line.
python interview questions :107
Get the python regex parse tree to debug your regex ?
- Regular expressions are a great feature of python, but debugging them can be a pain, and it's all too easy to get a regex wrong.
Learn python - python tutorial - hidden - python examples - python programs
- Fortunately, python can print the regex parse tree, by passing the undocumented, experimental, hidden flag
re.DEBUG(actually, 128) to
python interview questions :108
What is iter() can take a callable argument?
- For instance:
Learn python - python tutorial - iter - python examples - python programs
- The iter
(callable, until_value)function repeatedly calls callable and yields its result
until until_valueis returned.
Learn python - python tutorial - iter-execution - python examples - python programs
python interview questions :109
What is the difference between @staticmethod and @classmethod in Python?
- The static method does not take the instance as an argument.
- It is very similar to a module level function.
- However, a module level function must live in the module and be specially imported to other places where it is used.
- You can also call
class_foousing the class. In fact, if you define something to be a classmethod, it is probably because you intend to call it from the class rather than from a class instance.
A.foo(1)would have raised a TypeError, but
A.class_foo(1)works just fine
Learn python - python tutorial - static-method - python examples - python programs
- Staticmethods :
- A class method is a similar to an instance method in that it takes an implicit first argument, but instead of taking the instance, it takes the class.
- Frequently these are used as alternative constructors for better semantic usage and it will support inheritance.
self(the object instance) nor
cls(the class) is implicitly passed as the first argument.
Learn python - python tutorial - static-method-implementation - python examples - python programs
- They behave like plain functions except that you can call them from an instance or the class:
- Staticmethods are used to group functions which have some logical connection with a class to the class
python interview questions :110
How can I make a time delay in Python?
- In a single thread I suggest the sleep function:
- This actually suspends the processing of the thread in which it is called by the operating system, allowing other threads and processes to execute while it sleeps.
Learn python - python tutorial - time-delay - python examples - python programs
- Use it for that purpose, or simply to delay a function from executing. For example: