python tutorial - Simple Python Program - learn python - python programming
- To write a Simple Python Program with example. In order to show, we are going to add two numbers using Arithmetic Operators
Simple Python Program to add Two numbers
- This simple Python program allows the user to enter two values and then add those two numbers and assign the total to variable sum.
Learn Python - Python tutorial - simple python program - Python examples - Python programs
- Following statements ask the user to enter two integer numbers and stores the user entered values in variables number 1 and number 2
- Next line, we used Python Arithmetic Operators ‘+’ to add number1 and number2 and then assigned that total to sum.
- From the below statement you can observe that, we used float type cast to convert the user input values to float.
- This is because, by default user entered values will be of string type and if we use the + operator in between two string values python will concat those two values instead of adding them
- Following print statement will print the sum variable as Output (30 + 70= 100).
- This program worked well while adding two positive integers, How about adding positive and negative integer? Let us see
Learn Python - Python tutorial - Simple Python Program to add Two numbers - Python examples - Python programs
- Alternative way of writing the above code is:
NOTE: Above code will restrict the user, Not to enter string values as input