C# Datagridview Add Row | C# Controls Datagridview Add Row - c# - c# tutorial - c# net
What is Datagridview?
- The DataGridView control is designed to be a complete solution for displaying tabular data with Windows Forms.
- The DataGridView control is highly configurable and extensible, and it provides many properties, methods, and events to customize its appearance and behavior.
- The DataGridView control provides TextBox, CheckBox, Image, Button, ComboBox and Link columns with the corresponding cell types.
DataGridview Add Row
- In DataGridView Add Rows, rows can be added to a DataGridView.
- In c#, Rows cannot be programmatically added to the DataGridView's rows collection when the control is data-bound.
- Here in the below table is representing to Windows Forms:
- Here Fetch Data button will display the data values from the SQL and displays it by clicking it.
- Go to tool box and click on the DataGridview option the form will be open.
- Go to tool box and click on the button option and put the name as Add Row in the text button.
- Here the text field is specifying to enter the text in text field.
C# Sample Code - C# Examples
- Here DataTable dataTable = (DataTable) dataGridView1. DataSource; specifies to dataTable can stores the rows and columns of data.
- Here DataRow drToAdd = dataTable.NewRow(); specifies to Creates a new DataRow with the same schema as the table.
- Here in this example drToAdd = 4; specifies to add the four rows in the dataTable.
- Here in this example drToAdd = "jacob"; specifies to add Jacob new row in the DataTable.
- Here dataTable.Rows.Add(drToAdd); specifies to new row is add to DataTable.
- Here dataTable.AcceptChanges(); specifies to Commits all the changes complete to this table, then the last time AcceptChanges was called.
- Here dataGridView1.DataSource = dataTable; used to specify the data source of datagridview and the table which will be bind to. When we run the code a window will show with a datagridview that containing all the returning rows.
- Here in this output the Fetch Data button will display the data values from the SQL and displays it by clicking it.
- Here in this output table displays the Id "1,2,3" and name "venkat, jln, arun".
- Here in this output table displays the Id "1,2,3,4" and name "venkat, jln, arun, jacob".
- Here in this output we display Add Row, which is add the new row "jacob" in the DataTable.