C# Exception Handling - c# - c# tutorial - c# net
What is Exception handling in C# ?
- Exception Handling in C# is a process to handle runtime errors.
- We perform exception handling so that normal flow of the application can be maintained even after runtime errors.
- In C#, exception is an event or object which is thrown at runtime.
- All exceptions the derived from System.Exception class. It is a runtime error which can be handled.
- If we don't handle the exception, it prints exception message and terminates the program.
- It maintains the normal flow of the application. In such case, rest of the code is executed event after exception.
C# Exception Classes
- All the exception classes in C# are derived from System.Exception class. Let's see the list of C# common exception classes.
|System.DivideByZeroException||handles the error generated by dividing a number with zero.|
|System.NullReferenceException||handles the error generated by referencing the null object.|
|System.InvalidCastException||handles the error generated by invalid typecasting.|
|System.IO.IOException||handles the Input Output errors.|
|System.FieldAccessException||handles the error generated by invalid private or protected field access.|
Related Tags: kurs c# , c# programmieren , tutorial c# visual studio , learn programming with c# , c# kurs online , the best way to learn c# , c# tutorial for complete beginners from scratch , tuto c# , manual c#
C# Exception Handling Keywords
- In C#, we use 4 keywords to perform exception handling:
- finally, and
Try Catch Exception