C# Abstract Class - c# - c# tutorial - c# net
What is abstract class in C# ?
- Abstract classes are the way to achieve abstraction in C#. Abstraction in C# is the process to hide the internal details and showing functionality only. Abstraction can be achieved by two ways:
- Abstract class
- Abstract class and interface both can have abstract methods which are necessary for abstraction.
- A method which is declared abstract and has no body is called abstract method.
- It can be declared inside the abstract class only.
- Its implementation must be provided by derived classes. For example:
Note: An abstract method in C# is internally a virtual method so it can be overridden by the derived class.
- You can't use static and virtual modifiers in abstract method declaration.
C# Abstract class
- In C#, abstract class is a class which is declared abstract. It can have abstract and non-abstract methods.
- It cannot be instantiated. Its implementation must be provided by derived classes. Here, derived class is forced to provide the implementation of all the abstract methods.
- Let's see an example of abstract class in C# which has one abstract method draw().
- Its implementation is provided by derived classes: Rectangle and Circle. Both classes have different implementation.
C# examples - Output :
Related Tags: kurs c# , c# programmieren , tutorial c# visual studio , learn programming with c# , c# kurs online , the best way to learn c# , c# tutorial for complete beginners from scratch , tuto c# , manual c#
Abstract vs interface in c# :
learn c# tutorial - abstract vs interface csharp in c# Example