html tutorial - <bdi> Bi-Directional Isolation tag in HTML - html5 - html code - html form
- The <bdi> tag isolates a part of text that is formatted in a different direction from other text.
- The <bdi> tag is used for inserting the text generated by a user with an unknown direction.
- The <bdi> tag supports Global Attributes and Event Attributes.
- <bdi> element belongs to Flow content, Phrasing content and Palpable Content category.
Syntax for <bdi> tag in HTML:
Differences between HTML 4.01 and HTML 5 for <bdi> tag:
- <bdi> tag is supported in HTML 4.
- <bdi> tag is new in HTML 5.
Sample Coding for <bdi> tag in HTML:
Code Explanation for <bdi> tag in HTML:
- <bdi> tag is used to display the content is formatted in a different direction from outside other text. (I.e. User and Wiki mentioned above).
The word user is specified inside <li> tag and the word wiki is specified inside <bdi> tag.
Output for <bdi> tag in HTML:
- Here the output shows that the content is formatted and displayed in the different direction from the outside text.
Browser Support for <bdi> tag in HTML: