html tutorial - <footer> Tag in HTML - html5 - html code - html form
- The <footer> tag is used to describes the footer of a document or a section.
- In a single document, you can have several <footer> elements.
- A <footer> element typically contains the information about its containing element like authorship, copyright, contact, sitemap and related document.
- The <footer> tag supports Global attributes and event attributes.
- The <footer> tag belongs to flow content and palpable content.
Syntax for <footer> tag:
Differences between HTML 4.01 and HTML 5 for <footer> tag:
- HTML 4 is does not support <footer> tag.
- HTML 5 is supports <footer> tag.
Sample Coding for <footer> tag:
Code Explanation for <footer> tag:
- The <footer> tag is used to display Follow Us links and copyright information in the footer.
Output for <footer> tag:
- The output shows Follow Us links and copyright information in the footer.
Browser Support for <footer> tag in HTML:
Tips and Notes
- When contact information typically contains within a <footer> element should go inside an <address> tag.