html tutorial - Delete <del> tag in HTML - html5 - html code - html form
Learn html - html tutorial - del tag in html - html examples - html programs
- The <del> tag is used to define the deleted text.
- Delete tag is markup updates and modifications in a document.
- The <del> tag supports both Global Attributes and Event attributes.
- <del> tag belongs to Flow content and Phrasing content Category.
Syntax for <del> tag in HTML:
Sample Coding for <del> tag in HTML:
Code Explanation for <del> tag in HTML:
- Here <del> tag is used to strike the text which is given inside the delete tag.
Output of <del> tag in HTML:
- Here the output displays the text “.com” in strikeout which is said to be deleted text.
Attributes of <del> tag in HTML:
|Attribute||Value||HTML 4.0.1||HTML 5||Description|
|cite||URL||Yes||Yes||Denotes a URL to a document that explains the reason why the text was deleted|
|datetime||YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZD||Yes||Yes||Denotes the date and time when the text was deleted.|
Browser Support for <del> tag in HTML: