- The <blockquote> element specifies that the enclosed text is a long quotation.
- A URL for the source of the quotation may be given using the cite attribute.
- Although a text representation of the source can be given using the <cite> element.
- The blockquote element belongs to Flow content, sectioning root, palpable content category.
- The blockquote tag supports both Global Attribute and Event attribute.
Syntax for <blockquote> tag in HTML:
Differences between HTML 4.01 and HTML5 for <blockquote> tag:
- <blockquote> is used for an extended quotation.
- The <blockquote> tag specifies a part that is quoted from different source.
Sample Coding for <blockquote> tag in HTML:
Code Explanation for <blockquote > tag in HTML:
- Blockquote tag is start with <blockquote> and its end with </blockquote>.
- Here, the content we mentioned inside the blockquote is “To enhance tutorials zone providing the best learning curve” will be started with the free space before.
Output of <blockquote > tag in HTML:
- In this output browser window the content we mentioned inside the blockquote “To enhance tutorials zone providing the best learning curve” has been started with the free space before the sentence.
Attribute of <blockquote>tag in HTML:
||Defines the source of the quotation.
Browser Support for <blockquote> tag in HTML:
Tips and Notes
- Blockquote is similar to Tab space or Intent, which makes the text/paragraph/sentence to be started with some free space before.
- <q> used for short quotations.
Related Searches to blockquote tag in html
cite tag in html
q tag in html
html quotation marks
html quote code
html quote tag
html tutorialshtml editor html code html form html tutorial html color html color codes html table html img html5 html code for website html and css html programs html website free html editor html5 tutorial wysiwyg html editor html tutorial pdf html converter php tutorial html example html tutorial css tutorial html css html tags html basics code html html online html mailto html lang html tags list