AAI Full Form | What is the Full Form AAI
AAI Full Form - Airport Authority of India
Here you’ll get the solution of the following AAI related questions: full form of AAI , what is the full form of AAI
Airport Authority of India
- AAI stands for Airport Authority of India. It works under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- It’s responsible for creating, maintaining and upgrading the civil aviation infrastructure in India.
- It performs variety of duties which include managing 125 Airports, air navigation services, managing the traffic over Indian airspace and bordering oceanic areas, etc.
- A number of responsibilities come under the Airport Authority of India which comprises running 126 Airports during which 11 International Airports, 11 Customs Airports, 89 Domestic Airports and 26 civil enclaves at Military Airfields.
- To form certain security and protection of aircraft operations, it also has position installations in the least airports and 25 other locations.
- Over Indian landmass, AAI takes under all the foremost significant air-routes through 29 Radar installations at 11 locations alongside 700 VOR/DVOR installations co-located with Distance Measuring Equipment (DME).
- At the majority of the airports of AAI, 52 runways are made available to be used with Instrument Landing System (ILS) installations also with Night Landing Facilities and Automatic Message Switching System at 15 Airports.
- India became the primary country to form use of this Automatic Dependence Surveillance System (ADSS) technology within the South East Asian region. At Kolkata and Chennai traffic Control Centre's, AAI's execution of the Automatic Dependence Surveillance System (ADSS) allowed traffic Control over oceanic regions to use satellite mode of communication.
- In association with the Indian Space Research Organization ( ISRO ) technologically, AAI is executing the GAGAN project. They’re already having been executed Performance Based Navigation (PBN) measures at Mumbai, Delhi and Ahmedabad Airports. To accomplish the navigational condition of aircraft, the navigation signals which acknowledged from the GPS are going to be improved.
- AAI manages and is responsible for flight calibration of navigational helps for the Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard and other private airfields within the country.
- In February 2008, the primary stage of the technology demonstration system was accomplished.
- Airport Authority of India was established when International Airports Authority of India (IAAI) was merged with National Airports Authority (NAA) by an Act of Parliament in April 1995.
- AAI has also established four training centers which are as follows:
- The Civil Aviation training college ( CATC ) at Allahabad
- National Institute of Aviation Management and Research ( NIAMAR ) at Delhi
- National Institute of Aviation Training and Management ( NIATAM ) at Maharashtra, and Gondia.
- Fire Training Centers ( FTC ) at Delhi and Kolkata
- Hyderabad Training Centre ( HTC ) at Hyderabad.
What is the role of AAI ?
- Operation and Maintenance of international and domestic airports and civil enclaves.
- Control and Management of the Indian airspace extending beyond the territorial limits of the country, as accepted by ICAO.
Role of Airport Authority of India