IMA Full Form | Full Form of IMA
i) IMA Full Form - Indian Military Academy
Indian Military Academy
- IMA stands for Indian military academy.
- It's a highly reputed officer training academy of Indian Army.
- Its Motto is "Valor and Wisdom". As of September 4, 2017, lieutenant general Sanjay Kumar Jha is that the Commandant of IMA.
- IMA is found within the foothills of Himalayas, on National Highway 72, around 8km west of Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- The academy is covering 1400 acres of land. It trains only male candidates; transforms them into army officers.
- It not only trains the candidates for the battlefield but also provides athletic facilities to groom the longer term army officers.
- IMA was established in 1932. Its first batch had 40 Gentlemen Cadets as trainees. These cadets were called "PIONEERS".
- The first Commandant of IMA was Brigadier L.P. Collins, DSO, and OBE.
- A trainee officer in IMA is mentioned as a gentleman cadet; This may be due to the reason that the academy expects its trainee should adopt highest moral and ethical values.
How to Join IMA
- The common exams through which you'll join IMA are given below:
How to Joins Ima
- A candidate, who has passed the 12th class with PCM, is eligible to appear in NDA. Only the male candidates are eligible for these exams and therefore the regulation is 16.5 to 19 years.
- After clearing the NDA exam, the candidates undergo 3-year training at NDA Khadakwasla and then 1-year training at IMA.
- A male graduate who has cleared the CDSE and therefore the subsequent stages (SSB and Medical Fitness) can join the IMA.
Technical Graduate Course (TGC)
Physical Standards to join IMA
- Some of the overall physical requirements to join IMA are as follows
- Good Physical and mental health
- Should not be suffering any disease of Joints or Bones
- Well developed chest with 5 cms expansion
- No symptoms of organ related diseases
- No skin disease
- Abnormality shouldn't detected within the urine sample
- 2.4 km run in 10 minutes for men and in 13 minutes 30 seconds for ladies
ii) IMA Full Form - Indian Medical Association
Indian Medical Association
- IMA stands for Indian Medical Association.
- It's a voluntary organization of Doctors of recent Scientific System of drugs in India. It's registered under the Society Act of India.
- Its main job is to seem after the interests of doctors and welfare of the society. Dr. K K Aggarwal is that the National President of the Indian Medical Association, 2016-17.
- IMA was established in 1928 as All India Medical Association.
- It had been renamed Indian Medical Association in 1930. In 1966, it hosted the Third World Conference on Medical Education in New Delhi.
- Today, it's a well established and reputed organization; headquartered in New Delhi and branches altogether states and union territories of India. More than 2, 15,000 doctors are members of IMA.
- Promotion and development of medical and allied sciences.
- To promote and improve public health and medical education in India.
- To promote the dignity of the medical community and to promote the cooperation among the IMA members.
- To abolish the compartmentalism in medical education and medical services.