NTPC Full Form | Full Form of NTPC
NTPC Full Form - National Thermal Power Corporation
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following NTPC related questions, full form of NTPC , full form of NTPC in railway , what is full form of NTPC , what is the full form of NTPC
National Thermal Power Corporation
- NTPC stands for National Thermal Power Corporation.
- It's a public sector company of India, headquartered at New Delhi.
- It had been found out to accelerate the facility generation within the country.
- Today, it's the most important thermal power generating company of India in terms of installed capacity and output.
- NTPC is additionally listed on National stock exchange ( NSE ) and Bombay stock exchange ( BSE ).
- Apart from generating power, it's also actively engaged in coal mining, power trading, equipment manufacturing, renewable energy and power distribution, etc.
- It also provides consultancy services associated with power station construction or power generation and undertakes turnkey projects for domestic and international clients.
- It was incorporated on 7 November 1975 as a power generating company.
- On 19 March 1976, Shri. D.V Kapur became the primary Chairman & director of NTPC.
- On 8 December 1976, the government cleared the primary project of NTPC; thermal power project at Singrauli in Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1997, it had been conferred the status of Navratna company.
- In 2004, it became a listed company and in 2005, it had been renamed 'NTPC Limited'.
- In 2006, it signed an agreement with Sri Lanka to set up two units of 250 MW each at Trincomalee in Sri Lanka.
- In May 2010, it became a Maharatna company.
- Between the years, 2008 and 2011, it entered into joint venture with various renowned companies like BHEL, NHPC, Bharat Forge, Coal India, SAIL and NMDC.