BIS Full Form | Full Form of BIS
BIS Full Form - Bureau of Indian Standards
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following BIS related questions: full form of BIS , what is the full form of BIS , full form of BIS mark , BIS full form , full form of BIS certificate
Bureau of Indian Standards
- BIS stands for Bureau of Indian Standards It's the National Standard Body of India engaged within the preparation and implementation of the standards, certification schemes for products and systems, testing and calibration services etc.
- It's headquartered at New Delhi and has five regional offices which are located at Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, and Delhi. As of 2015, Smt. Alka Panda is that the Director General of BIS.
- BIS came into existence on 1 April 1987 by an act of parliament dated 26 November 1986.
- It's the successor of the Indian Standard Institution ( ISI ) .It works under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution of India.
- Harmonious development of standardization related to marking and quality certification
- To promote the standardization and quality control.
- To evolve a national strategy for the recognition of standards and integrating them with development of production and exports.
- Standards Formulation
- Product Certification Schemes
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme
- Hall Marking Scheme
- Laboratory Recognition Scheme
- Product Schemes
- Consumer Related Activities
Benefits of BIS
- BIS helps economy during a number of the way as follows:
- Ensures safe reliable quality goods for consumers
- Minimizes health hazards to consumers
- Promotes exports and imports substitutes
- Controls the proliferation of varieties