ERNET Full Form | What is the Full Form of ERNET
ERNET Full Form - Education and Research Network
- ERNET stands for Education and Research Network.
- It's an autonomous scientific society under the executive control of Ministry of data Technology, Government of India.
- It's headquartered in New Delhi.
- As of September 2017, Dr. Neena Pahuja is that the Director General of ERNET.
Full Form of ERNET
- Its vision is to advance the Research and Education in India by developing advanced Networks, Applications and Services.
- To provide the world class network infrastructure and connectivity to contribute to the expansion of India's Research and Education sector and help them become efficient in their chosen field.
- To undertake research and development in Networking and its applications and develop the human resources in networking.
- To provide a complicated and reliable state-of-the-art Network Services to academic and research institutions within the country.
- To conduct research and development within the area of data Communications and its applications.
- Development of human resources within the area of Networking through education, training etc.
- Design and implement the ICT projects for target users.
- It provides four kinds of services which are as follows:
- Access Services
- Application Services
- Hosting Services
- Operations Support Services
- IT Consultancy and Project Management Services
- ERNET was started in 1986 by the Department of Electronics (DoE). It received funds from the govt of India and United Nations.
- It began as a multi-protocol network with both TCP/IP and therefore the OSI-IP protocol socks. However, since 1995, most traffic is carried over TCP/IP.
- UNDP has praised ERNET as one of the most successful programmes funded by it.
- The science community of India has appreciated the contribution of ERNET to infrastructure services also as for R&D.
- In 1998, it became an autonomous scientific society, ERNET India.