GRE Full Form Exam | Full Form of GRE Exam
GRE Full Form - Graduate Record Examination
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following GRE related questions: full form of GRE , full form of GRE exam , what is the full form of GRE , GRE full form
Gre Graduate Record Examination
- GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. It's a standardized exam for admission into various Masters and post graduate and Ph.D. Programs in sciences, art, business and law within the US, UK, Canada, and other native English speaking countries. So, the scholars who want to pursue masters MBA , or Ph.D. from reputed colleges or universities take the GRE General Test.
- However, students also take this test to secure a merit-based scholarship for graduate school.
- GRE may be a computer-based test, but within the areas which lack internet access, it's conducted as a paper-based test.
- It's conducted at around 700 test centers across 160 countries.
- More than half million candidates take the GRE test per annum and more than 1200 business schools across the world accept the GRE score.
- The GRE score is additionally accepted by most of the highest graduate-level schools for academic degree programs, like Master of Science Degree - MS within the USA.
- The test was introduced in 1936 by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It has gone through many changes over the years.
- At the present , it's called the GRE revised General Test. GRE score is valid for five years, and therefore the duration of the exam is 3 hours 45 minutes. GRE is conducted by Educational Trust Service (ETS).
- Its two formats; GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test. The GRE General test evaluates candidate's verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, analytical writing and important thinking skills.
- The GRE Subject test is focused on a specific area of study and evaluates candidate's knowledge during a specific subject like physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, psychology, English literature, etc. So, you'll take the GRE subject test to highlight your strengths during a specific subject like Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Literature, etc.
Eligibility for GRE
- There are not any specific eligibility criteria to apply for GRE. A candidate can appear within the exam irrespective of his or her age and qualification.
- He or she must have a document to prove his or her identity, e.g., In India, you'll need a valid passport. The candidates may need to meet the eligibility criteria for individual institutes where they're seeking admission.
- GRE is conducted throughout the year. A candidate can appear in the test once in every 21 days and for the maximum of 5 times within 12-months duration.