UML Full Form | Full Form of UML
UML Full Form - Unified Modeling Language
- UML stands for Unified Modeling Language. It’s a regular visual modeling language in the field of software engineering.
- It provides the standard way to visualize the planning of a system. It’s intended to be used for analysis, design and implementation of software-based systems, modeling business and similar processes.
- The primary version of UML was developed by Grady Booch, Ivar Jacobson and Jim Rumbaugh. Its current version is UML 2.5, released in June 2015.
Unified Modeling Language
- UML was created as a regular by the Object Management Group (OMG) in 1997. In 2005, it has been published by the International organization for Standardization (ISO) as an approved ISO standard. Since then it's revised periodically to hide the latest revision of UML.
- According to OMG, the purpose of UML is as follows:
- To produce the system architects and software engineers a tool for analysis, design and implementation of software-based systems and similar processes.
- To advance the state of the industry through object visual modeling tool interoperability.
- UML is different from other programming languages like Java , C++ , COBOL etc. it's a pictorial language that's used to make blueprints of software.
- It’s commonly used by business analysts, software architects, and developers to explain, specify and document the present or new business processes and structure and behavior of artifacts of software systems.
- Furthermore, UML will be applied to various application domains like banking, internet, healthcare, aerospace etc. It may be used with software development methods and for various implementation platforms like J2EE, .NET).