BSF Full Form | Full Form of BSF | What is Full Form of BSF
BSF Full Form - Border Security Force
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following BSF related questions : full form of BSF , what is full form of BSF , full form of BSF in army , the full form of BSF
Border Security Force
- BSF stands for Border security force. It's a paramilitary force of India. Its main duty is guarding India’s land border during peace and stop the transnational crime.
- At the present, it's the world’s largest border guarding force. It's also one among the five Central Armed Police Forces of India and is under the administrative control of Home Ministry.
- It's headquartered at New Delhi. As of July 2017, Devendra Kumar Pathak is that the chief of BSF.
- Till 1965, the State Armed Police Battalion was guarding the borders. When Pakistan attacked Sardar Post, Chhar Bet and Beria Bet in 1965, the State Armed Police wasn't ready to handle the situation. So, the govt of India planned to determine armed and trained Border private security force.
- After the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries, the BSF was established on 1 December 1965 to make sure the security of borders and handle the issues related to borders. The first chief of BSF was Mr. K F Rustamji
- BSF performs different tasks in peace time and war time.
- In peace time, the tasks are as follows:
- To provide protection and promote a way of security among the people near the border areas.
- Prevent unauthorized entry or exit from the border.
- Prevent trans-border crimes and illegal activities like smuggling.
- In war time, a number of the major tasks are as follows:
- To protect the vital installations like air-fields from the enemy commandoes, para troopers, etc.
- To provide the extension to the flanks of main defence line
- To perform special tasks entrusted to BSF by the army
- To guide the army within the areas where routes are known
- To guard the prisoners of war cages
- To perform anti-infiltration activities within the areas specified by the military.
- Every year, it contributes variety of BSF personnel for the UN Mission services.
- BSF has emerged as an elite force of the country. It excelled with distinction within the 1971 war with Pakistan. Its ethos is "Any task, anytime, anywhere" and its motto is "Duty Unto Death".
- During Kargil War in May-July 1999, the BSF helped Army to defend the Kargil hills and won the war.
- For the last two year, the BSF is taking care of the interior security in Manipur and successfully fighting the insurgency.
- When the earthquake hit the Gujarat in 2001, the BSF personnel were the primary to reach there to help the distressed people and save lives.
- BSF personnel restored the peace and brotherhood among the people during communal disturbances in Gujarat.