ITI Full Form | What is ITI Full Form
ITI Full Form - Industrial Training Institute
- ITI stands for Industrial Training Institute. It is also known as ITI's it provides training in engineering and non-engineering technical fields.
- It is a post-secondary school in India which is constituted under the Directorate General of Employment of training (DGET), Ministry of Labour & Employment Union Government of India.
- It provides training in various trades like Electrical, Mechanical, computer hardware, Refrigeration and air conditioning, Carpentry, Plumbing, Welding, Fitter, etc.
- These institutes are specially established to impart technical knowledge to students who just passed 10th standard and want to gain some technical knowledge instead of pursuing the higher studies.
- The objective of establishing ITI's was to provide technical manpower to the rapidly growing industrial sector.
- The courses provided in the ITI's are designed to impart the skills in a trade. After successfully completing the course, the scholars are required to undergo a practical training in his or her trade in an industry for one or two years.
- The practical training in an industry is mandatory to seem for the National Council of vocational training (NVCT) certificate.
- ITIs are Government-run runs training organizations run in major cities of every state of India like Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat, Assam, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to get admission in ITI
- The Candidate should have passed 10th standard from a recognized board. Or any other examination recognized as 10th standard.
- The Candidate should have secured at least 35% aggregate.
- The Candidate's age must be between 14 to 40 years at the time of admission.
The admission process of ITI
- Both the government and the good private organization depend on the admission process based on merit.
- Such institutes administer a written examination to choose eligible candidates.
- Some private institutes are considered to have a direct method of admission.
Number of ITI Colleges in India
- In India, the Indian government operates several governmental and private ITI Institutes. In which
- Number of ITI for CTS Training - 15,042
- Government ITI’s - 2738
- Private ITI’s - 12,304
- Number of courses offered by ITI’s - 126
Popular ITI Colleges in Delhi
- Ch. Brahm Parkash Industrial Training Institute, Jaffarpur, Delhi
- Directorate General of Employment and Training ? DGE&T, New Delhi
- Industrial Training Institute, Mori Gate, Gokhle Road, Delhi
- Industrial Training Institute, K Block, Jahangirpuri, Delhi
- Industrial Training Institute, Nand Nagari, Delhi
- Sarvodaya Industrial Training Institute, Durgapuri Extension, Shahdra, Delhi
- Sir C.V. Raman Industrial Training Institute, Near Burari Crossing Dheerpur, Delhi
- Industrial Training Institute, Pusa Road, Karol Bagh, Delhi
- Industrial Training Institute, D.S.I.D.C. Industrial Complex, Delhi
- Industrial Training Institute, Malviya Nagar, Delhi
Note : The course duration of ITI is varied from 1 year to 3 years and depends on the trade opted by the candidate.