MOES Full Form | Full Form of MOES
MoES Full Form - Ministry of Earth Sciences
Ministry of Earth Sciences
- MoES stands for Ministry of Earth Sciences. It's headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- As of 2017, Dr. Madhavan Nair Rajeevan is that the Secretary of the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- To excel as knowledge and technology enterprise within the field of Earth system science towards the socio-economic benefit of the society
- To conduct scientific and technical activities or programs within the area of Earth System Science to enhance the forecast of weather, monsoon, climate, hazard, exploration of polar areas and seas around the country
- To develop technology for the exploration and utilization of ocean resources, ensuring sustainable utilization of those resources.
- Augment and sustain long-term observations of the atmosphere, cryosphere, oceans and solid Earth and record the vital signs of Earth System and changes.
- To develop the potential of forecasting atmosphere and oceanic phenomena through dynamical models and assimilation techniques
- To analyze and understand the interaction between components of Earth Systems and human systems at various temporal and spatial scales
- To explore polar and high seas regions so as to get new phenomenon and resources
- In July 1981, the Department of Ocean Development (DOD) was created as a neighborhood of the cabinet Secretariat under the control of the Prime Minister.
- DOD became a separate department in March 1982.
- In February 2006, the govt reorganized the department as the Ministry of Ocean Development (MoOD).
- The Government further reorganized the Ministry of Ocean Development as the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) and thus MoES was established in 2006.