TAN Full Form | Full Form of TAN
TAN Full Form - Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following TAN related questions: full form of tan , full form of tan number , full form of tan no , full form of tan in income tax
Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number
- TAN stands for Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number It’s issued by tax Department of India to those individuals and firms who are required to deduct or pay tax on payments made by them, under the Income tax Act, 1961.
- Under Section 203A of the tax Department, it's mandatory to produce the TAN in all TDS returns and Challans while paying tax. So, TAN is the account number which is used to pay the tax, without having a TAN you can't pay the tax.
- On receiving the tax amount the tax department verifies the number and if the taxpayer has deposited an additional tax by mistake then the additional tax are credited into his account.
Format of a TAN
Format of a Tan
- TAN is a ten-digit alphanumeric number. The primary three letters of TAN represents a city, the fourth letter is the initial of the taxpayer and the next five numbers and the last letter make the TAN unique.
How to apply for TAN
- For TAN fill up the form no. 49B. Then attach all the specified documents like identity proof and address proof and submit it at the web site of NSDL or Tax information network facilitation centre.
- On receiving the TAN form, the NSDL department verifies the details and sends the application form to tax department.
- The tax department approves the application and sends a unique number (TAN) to the NSDL department.
- The NSDL department informs the applicant about the TAN.