IS Full Form | Full Form IS | What is Full Form Of IS
IS Full Form - Intelligence Service
- Intelligence Services with the government provide ample career opportunities, especially within the current scenario where corruption, crime and terrorist activities rule the world.
- A job with the intelligence service is one among the most difficult professions to enter into, as well as it is hard on the work too.
- As everyone knows, the career requires hardworking and sincere candidates who are able to work under any given condition and circumstance.
- There's a continuing need for candidates in intelligence services to tackle corruption, terrorism and other anti social elements, and there are many intelligence agencies also which work on different levels.
- Intelligence may be a governmental agency that's dedicated to operation for purposes of national security and defense.
- Means of data gathering may include spying, communication interception, cryptanalysis, cooperation with other institutions and evaluation of public sources.
- The assembly and propagation of this information is understood as intelligence analysis.
- Intelligence agencies can provide the following services for their national governments like analysis in areas relevant to national security; Inform national defense planning and military operations; Protect secrets, both of their own sources and activities, and those of other state agencies; and Intelligence agencies also are involved in defensive activities like counter-espionage or counter-terrorism.
- An intelligence officer is mentioned a modern-day Sherlock Holmes. Holmes is legendary for his intellectual knack and is renowned for his enormous scope of observation, his astute logical reasoning, his ability to require almost any disguise and his forensic science skills to solve difficult cases.
- The necessity for contemporary versions of detective or intelligence agencies has been increasingly felt in modern society with spiraling rate especially in cities.
- India features a number of intelligence agencies of which the simplest known are the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), India's external intelligence and the Intelligence Bureau, the interior intelligence.
- The intelligence services first took shape in British India within the 1860s and were primarily concerned with collection, assimilation, and analysis of information.
- Simultaneously, the necessity for a special agency to get information and subsequent coordination of the detection and prevention of political crimes was realized.
- Thus a full-fledged department referred to as Criminal Investigative Department ( CID ) emerged. This department had two main divisions: the Special or Security Branch and therefore the Crime Branch.
- The Special Branch was liable for investigating into subversive political activities, movement of foreigners etc.
- The Crime Branch was involved exclusively with criminal intelligence, e.g. Terrorist movements, specialized crimes like counterfeiting of currency, economic offences and bank frauds.
- Over the last hundred years, the face of the intelligence services within the country has changed considerably. The Central Bureau of Investigation ( CBI ) has emerged as the most important investigative body for serious crimes from murder to match fixing.