BOC Full Form | Full Form of BOC
BOC Full Form - Bank of Ceylon
Bank of Ceylon
- The full form of BOC is that the Bank of Ceylon. BOC may be a main commercial bank in Sri Lanka that's state-owned.
- The headquarters of BOC is situated in Colombo, the island’s political and economic capital, in an iconic cylinder shape.
- In the world, the bank features a network of 628 subsidiaries, 689 ATM , one twenty-three CDM networks and fifteen regional credit centers.
- The bank operates, in response to its local presence, an offshore banking unit at its headquarters in Colombo, three branches in Chennai, Malé & Seychelles & a division in London.
A brief history of BOC
- BOC, with Sir Ernest de Silva as its first chairman, was established in 1939.
- Ceylon was a British colony at the period, and Sir Andrew Caldecott, then governor, ceremoniously launched the bank on 1 August.
- For its government-oriented enterprises, British government launched the banking arm. BOC began to spread it beyond the city of Colombo 2 years later, in 1941.
- The first branch was inaugurated in Kandy. In main cities like Jaffna, Galle, Kurunegala, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Panadura & Badulla BOC later added divisions.
Key pieces of information about BOC
Services of Boc
- Few main pieces of information about BOC are tabulated below.
|BOC Full Form||Bank of Ceylon|
|Sector||Banking, financial services|
|Established on||84 years ago in 1936|
|Founder||Sir Ernest de Silva|
|BOC Headquarters||BOC Square, Bank of Ceylon Mawatha, Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|The area served by BOC||Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Maldives, India, Seychelles|
|Main people||Chairman – Kanchana Ratwatte , Executive director – Visakha Amarasekere|
|Service offered by BOC||Retail banking, Corporate banking, Investment banking|