RDX Full Form | Full Form of RDX
RDX Full Form - Research Department Explosive / Royal Demolition Explosive
Research Department Explosive
- RDX stands for Research Department Explosive or Royal Demolition Explosive.
- It's an explosive compound which belongs to nitramines, a group of organic nitrate explosives.
- It's also called cyclonite, hexogen and T4.Its chemical name is cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine and therefore the chemical formula is C3H6N6O6.
- RDX was discovered by Georg Friedrich Henning of Germany in 1899 and therefore the name RDX was coined by the british.
- It are often initiated by friction, impact and temperature. It had been first used in Second World War to create powerful explosives.
Research Department Explosive structure
- 1, 3, 5-trinitro-1, 3, 5-triazine
- It is a white crystalline solid
- It is hard and odorless
- It is insoluble in water and other organic liquids
- Its molecular weight is 222.12 g/mol
- Its melting point is 205.5°C
- It decomposes at 213°C