GCC Full Form | Full Form of GCC Compiler
GCC Full Form - GNU Compiler Collection
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following GCC related questions: full form of GCC , full form of GCC compiler , what is the full form of GCC , GCC full form
GNU Compiler Collection
- GCC stands for GNU Compiler Collection.
- It's a compiler system supporting various Programming languages.
- It's played a crucial role within the growth of free software, as both a tool and an example.
- GCC may be a key component of the GNU toolchain and the standard.
- Compiler for many projects associated with GNU and Linux , including the Linux kernel.
- When it had been first released in 1987, GCC 1.0 was named the GNU C compiler since it only handled the C programing language.
- It had been extended to compile C++ in December of that year.
- It originally named as GNU C compiler because it only handled the c programing language.
- GCC was first released in March 22, 1987 by the Richard Stallman.
- GCC's external interface follows UNIX conventions.
- Each of the language compiler may be a separate program that reads source code and outputs machine language.
- All have a standard internal structure.
Some features of GCC are
- Link time Optimization
- Link-time optimization optimizes across object file boundaries to directly improve the linked binary.
- Link-time optimization relies on an intermediate file containing the serialization of some Gimple representation included within the object file.
- When the object files are linked, the compiler is executed again and uses the helper files to optimize code across the separately compiled object files.
Features Of GCC