ACS Full Form in Medial | Full Form of ACS in Medical
ACS Full Form - American Chemical Society
- Here, you’ll get the solution of following ACS related questions:full form of ACS , full form of ACS in medical , what is the full form of ACS , full form of ACS officer , full form of ACS in company secretary .
American Chemical Society
- ACS stands for American Chemical Society. It's the world's largest scientific society and a number one source of reliable scientific information.
- It's at the forefront of the evolving worldwide chemistry enterprise and a professional home for chemists and related professionals across the world.
- It's based within the US and its president is Allison A. Campbell.
- ACS may be a dynamic and visionary organization which aims to enhance people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry.
- Its mission is to advance the broader chemistry enterprise and its practitioners for the benefit of people and Earth.
What ACS Do
- Publishes scientific journals and databases
- Convenes major research conferences
- Provides educational and career programs in chemistry
- Provides grants for research in petroleum and related fields
- Educates the general public policy makers and general public about the importance of chemistry
- Sponsors variety of international activities like joint conferences with chemical societies
- In the US, it's 185 local sections which permit members to:
- Connect with chemists and related professionals in their geographical area
- Enhance their professional development by participating in programs in their city or town
- Improve the general public understanding of chemistry in their communities
- At the national level, the Society allows members to participate in 33 specialty divisions like food and agriculture, industrial and engineering chemistry etc. These divisions help members to:
- Become aware of latest developments in their areas of experience.
- Monitor growth in similar fields and network with colleagues.
- Contribute to the growth and recognition of their scientific discipline.
- Globally, it represents more than 140 countries and its international membership exceeds 24,000. Around 60% articles published in ACS journals and around 50% of the material covered within the Society. Chemical Abstracts Service originates outside the US .
- Project SEED :
- It's an education program of ACS which offers brilliant but economically disadvantaged high school students a chance to expand their education and career outlook.
- ACS Scholars Program :
- It's a scholarship program which provides scholarships and support to minority students who want to earn a degree in chemistry or related fields.
- Advancing Chemistry Teaching :
- This program is meant for the professional development of science teachers. It helps teacher present chemistry within the classroom during a better way.
- Green Chemistry Education and Outreach :
- It's an initiate of ACS to implement the green chemistry and engineering principles into all aspects of the chemical enterprise.