GNM Full Form in Nursing | Full Form of GNM Nurse
GNM Full Form - General Nursing and Midwifery
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following GNM related questions: full form of GNM , full form of GNM nurse , full form of GNM and ANM , full form of GNM nursing , what is full form of GNM
General Nursing and Midwifery
- GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery.
- It is a 3.5 years diploma in paramedics, an undergraduate nursing course that emphasizes care to individuals, families and communities in order that they'll attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from birth to death.
- It mainly deals with the education of nurses generally health care, nursing, and midwifery.
- The main aim of GNM Syllabus is to prepare nurses with the basic skills and competencies required in all type of health care settings to address with the health needs of the country, community, and individuals.
Eligibility and Admission to GNM
- The candidates who have passed the 10+2 exam in science stream from a recognized education board are eligible for GNM.
- The admission to the GNM course is formed totally on the basis of marks obtained within the 10+2 exam.
- The minimum age required for this course is 17 years, and therefore the maximum age is 30 years.
- Both males and females can do this course. The course duration is 3 years.
- After completing the course, there'll be a 6 months internship program.
- The nurses also can pursue advanced courses and specializations in nursing, along side working within the healthcare sector with dedication and responsibility.
- Students must have completed their Class 12th in any stream, though Science stream and Biology subject are preferred.
- Also, candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th exam.
- Some top medical colleges offering GNM courses invite 60% marks.
- They must even have obtained the minimum number of marks required in their GNM entrance examination Result.
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Biological Sciences
- Primary Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Promotions
- Fundamental of Nursing (Ear, Nose, Throat, Skin or Oncology)