ASCII Full Form in Computer | What is the Full Form of ASCII
ASCII Full Form - American Standard Code for Information Interchange
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following ASCII related questions : Full form of ASCII , full form of ASCII in computer , what is the full form of ASCII , full form of ASCII code , full form of ASCII in computer language
American Standard Code for Information Interchange
- ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. It's a way to define a group of characters for encoding text documents on computers.
- The ASCII codes represent computers and other communication devices that use text.
- It had been the most common computer encoding on the World Wide Web until December 2007, then it surpassed by utf-8 which uses ASCII as a subset.
- ASCII was first adopted in 1963. In short time, it became very popular and widely used in computer world.
- It had been first commercially used as a seven-bit tele printer code promoted by bell data services.
- It is originally based on English alphabet. It encodes 128 specified characters into seven bit binary integer.
- Initially it had been 6 bit character set but later it's become 7 bit character set.
- Most of the computers use ASCII code to represent texts. It makes possible to transfer data from one computer to another computer.
- The ASCII text files are used in dos and UNIX based operating-system .
- Text editors and word processors are capable to store data in ASCII format but it's not a default storage format.
Future of ASCII
- The ASCII texts aren't the simplest character encoding sets. So currently, it's being replaced by Unicode character sets.
- Only dos and UNIX based operating systems are using ASCII while windows OS is using new Unicode.
- It can accumulate characters from multiple languages.
- With characters above 250 in numbers, it can accumulate characters from languages.
- Unicode uses an extremely great deal of expanse because it's a high amount of characters.
- It can carry all the alphanumeric characters and use the language of English.
- It uses less expanse of the world than Unicode because it can’t afford more than 250 characters.
- The only language used by its English.
- The ASCII won't exhibit the characters precisely if a Unicode document is read in it.