RIP Full Form | Full Form of RIP | What is the Full Form Of RIP
(i) RIP Full Form - Rest In Peace
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following RIP related questions: full form of RIP , what is the full form of RIP , full form of RIP in death , RIP full form
Rest In Peace
- RIP stands for Rest In Peace. It's a phrase commonly written on the graves of Catholics to wish them eternal rest in peace once they died. It's called Rest In Peace because we all know that when people die it's like their resting. A similar phrase is found within the book of Isaiah.
- "... Will come in peace, and that they will rest in their beds, he who goes straightforward. " This expression is appeared on headstones as RIP or R.I.P. It's also used as a pray for a soul to find eternal peace after death.
- This phrase became very common to use on the tombs of Christians in 18th century.
(ii) RIP Full Form - Routing Information Protocol
Routing Information Protocol
- The Routing Information Protocol (RIP) is one among the oldest distance-vector routing protocol.
- It uses a hop count as a routing metric. In hop count, the number of nodes are counted between source and destination. The maximum number of hops allowed for RIP is 15.
- As its transport protocol RIP uses User Datagram Protocol (UDP). It's assigned a reserved port number 520.
- RIP may be a widely used protocol for managing router information within a local area network (LAN) or group of lans.
- There are three versions of Routing Information Protocol.
- RIP version 1
- RIP version 2
- RIPng(RIP next generation)
(iii) Rip Full Form - RIP and Ripping
RIP and RIPping