NASDAQ Full Form | Full Form of NASDAQ
NASDAQ Full Form - National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
- It is an American and Canadian stock market which allows the investors to buy and sell stocks on an automatic, transparent and fast computer network.
- It owned by NASDAQ OMX Group and is headquartered in New York, US.
- In terms of market capitalisation, it's the second largest stock market within the world after New York stock Exchange (NYSE).
- It currently stylized as Nasdaq.
National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
NASDAQ has three levels of quotes
- First level quote gives the knowledge about the very highest and lowest bid.
- Second level quote provides the small print of the dealers who are able to buy or sell the stock.
- Third level quote helps the makers of market to enter the specified quotes and execute orders.
- Pre-market Session : It starts from 4 am and ends at 9:30 am.
- Normal trading Session : It starts from 9:30 am and ends at 4:00 pm.
- Post-market Session : It starts from 4:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm.
- NASDAQ was founded by National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) on 8 February 1971. At the time, it had been a computer bulletin board-type system.
- In 1975, it invented the initial public offering (IPO) which enabled the growth companies to boost capital to expand their businesses.
- In 1985, it created the NASDAQ-100 Index.
- In 1996, it launched the primary exchange website www.nasdaq.com.
- In 1998, it merged with the American stock market and formed NASDAQ-AMEX Market Group.
- In 2000, the External Link NASDAQ was restructured to make NASDAQ stock exchange, Inc.
- In 2007, NASDAQ acquired OMX (Swedish-Finnish financial company) and altered its name to NASDAQ OMX Group.
- In 2008, NASDAQ OMX acquired the Philadelphia Stock Exchange which was the oldest stock exchange within the US.
- In 2009, NASDAQ OMX launched its mobile web version, nasdaq.com.
Some of the main companies listed on NASDAQ are given below
National Association of Securities Dealers