ECR Full Form Passport | Full Form of ECR in Passport
ECR Full Form - Emigration Check Required ( full form of ecr )
Emigration Check Required
- ECR stands for Emigration Check Required. It's associated with the type of passport.
- Your passport are often either ECR (Emigration Check Required) type or Non-ECR or ECNR (Emigration Check Not Required) type. It depends on the following two conditions:
- If an individual who has applied for the passport doesn't provide his or her matriculation certificate, the case could also be that he has not passed the 10th class (Matriculation), his or her passport are going to be of ECR types, or it'll fall into ECR category, i.e., it'll have a stamp of ECR.
- A person who has passed the 10th class (Matriculation) and provides his 10th class certificate for the passport, then his or her passport are going to be of Non-ECR or ECNR type. So, if you're 10th pass, by default you're eligible for ECNR category passport.
- A passport that falls under ECR category will have listed it clearly with either a stamp or notation or full text ?EMIGRATION CHECK REQUIRED.? For passport before Jan 2007, it wont to be a stamp, except for the newest passports, there could also be a text written/endorsement within the address page of the passport. So if there's no ECR stamp in your passport, it means ECNR (Emigration Check not required).
How to check if ECR is required ?
- When you fill an Indian passport form, you'll encounter an issue , are you eligible for Non-ECR Category ?? And you've got to pick ? Yes? or No.? if you've got not passed 10th class or don't have matriculation certificate to submit, you've got to pick ?NO.? Thus, your passport are going to be of Non-ECR or ECNR (Emigration Check Not Required) type.
- An ECR passport is issued to people that don't attach their 10th class mark sheet in their passport form.
- NON-ECR category passport is issued to those that attach the 10th or higher studies mark sheet in their passport.
What is Emigration ?
- When an individual goes to a foreign country regarding employment, then it's called immigration, and therefore the person is named emigrant.
- If you're getting to a foreign country for treatment, study, or as a tourist, but not for employment, the kind of passport (ECR or NON-ECR) doesn't make any difference.
- But, if you're going for employment in any of the subsequent eighteen countries, you've got to require clearance from immigration counter if you've got an ECR passport:
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
Purpose of ECR ( full form of ecr )
- The ECR is introduced for the protection and welfare of Indian workers who are unskilled, uneducated, and thus are susceptible to exploitation while working during a foreign country. So, Emigration check or clearance acts as a security measure that ensures that folks going abroad for employment won't be duped.
- Emigration clearance is granted after verifying offered salary, working terms and conditions of the utilization.
- Furthermore, as per the Emigration Act 1983, the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs takes care of the emigration and return of the emigrants.