DNA Full Form in Medical | What is the Full Form of DNA | What is DNA Full Form
DNA Full Form - Desoxyribonucleic Acid
- DNA stands for desoxyribonucleic acid. It's the hereditary material found altogether living organisms. It contains the genetic instructions for the event and functioning of an organism. These instructions are passed from one generation to next generation.
- DNA is present within the nucleus of every cell of the body and therefore the genetic instructions are stored within the form of codes made from 4 nitrogen bases; Adenine (A), Cytosine (C), Guanine (G) and Thymine (T).
- The nitrogen bases pair with one another (A pairs with T, C pairs with G) to form base pairs. The bases are attached to a sugar molecule and phosphate molecule to make nucleotides.
- The nucleotides lie adjacent to every other to make two long strands which entwine like vines to make a shape called double helix.
- DNA is known for its ability to duplicate.
- It can make copies of itself. Each strand of DNA is a template to make a new strand in order that each new cell can have a particular copy of the DNA present within the old cell.
Functions of DNA
- Genetic Information :
- It carries genetic information from one generation to next generation.
- Replication :
- DNA produces carbon copies through replication. It allows DNA transfer genetic information from old cells to new cells.
- Transcription :
- DNA produces RNAs (Ribonucleic Acid) through the method of transcription.
- Cellular Metabolism :
- It regulates the metabolic reactions of the cells with the assistance of enzymes, hormones and specific RNAs.
- Development :
- It controls the event of organisms through internal genetic clock.
- DNA Finger Printing :
- Each individual has its own DNA sequence that doesn't match with others. This property of DNA is used in DNA finger printing, a way wont to identity a private from his or her DNA.